1. Make sure all parts are included. You should have:
a. An optics mount
b. 4x mount mounting screws (flat head, torx drive screws)
2. Make sure the rifle is unloaded and safe, then remove the rear sight.
3. Install your optic onto the mount using the M4 Torx head screws that came with your optic. Inspect the bottom of the mount to make sure the screws don’t protrude below the bottom of the mount far enough to impact the receiver, then remove the optic from the mount. (Burris fast fire pictured below as an example)
4. Install the optics mount onto the rifle, using the included torx head screws. Do not exceed 8 in-lbs! The barrel is tapered, and the mount has a matching tapered profile on the bottom. Make sure the mount is installed with the correct end forward.
5. Install the optic onto the mount. Do not exceed 9 in-lbs!
6. Perform a function check and make sure the rifle is safe to fire.