This mount replaces the top rail on your Browning Buckmark, and allows you to mount a red dot optic.
- Some very old Browning Buckmark models use mounting screws with a shoulder. This mount may not fit these models.
- Some Target models (Field/Target and Field/Target Micro, for example) with factory picatinny rails may come with longer than normal screws. See the mounting screws page for details.
- Some Target models (Field/Target and Field/Target Micro, for example) may come with barrels that have a round profile under the sight rail instead of a flat. This mount is designed for a barrel with a flat surface where the sight rail mounts.
- Vortex Venom users: The mounting screws that come with your optic are too long, you’ll need some from our mounting screws page
- Use the Contact Us form if you have questions about compatibility.
Not sure which optics pattern to choose? See Optics Compatibility for more information.
Blem Sale notes:
- The docter pattern sight listed as a blem is now available for 25% off!
- The only difference between this “blem” version and the standard version is that this version lacks the locating nubs. These aren’t required for most docter pattern sights, so I didn’t include them on this first version. After a run of them, I discovered the Vortex Venom sight uses the docter mounting pattern, but uses larger socket cap screws or button head screws, instead of 6-32 flat head screws. The flat head screws are used to positively locate the optic on this mount, so the Venom may not reliably hold its zero with the blem version of this mount.
- In short, if you have a Vortex Venom, you should purchase the standard mount, andsome mounting screws. If you have another optic that uses the docter mounting pattern, the blem version is a great way for you to save a few bucks!
Shield RMS vs Sig RomeoZero mounts:
The Sig RomeoZero optic is compatible with both of these mounts, but the Sig RomeoZero version of the mount is being discontinued. The Shield RMS mount is an updated version that is compatible with a larger variety of optics, including the Holosun 407k/507k.